Thursday, September 29, 2011

On Freaking Fire!

"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."
 -- Arnold H. Glasow

So.

My Day
At 7:30 a.m. I drag the 5 year old to the kindergarten at the highest point in Manhattan and then drag the little one to his daycare at the bottom of the hill and I go half way back up a kind of hill and wait for the BX7 bus.  On the bus I try and get a seat, the solo kind in the front, and check my email on my iphone. 30 minutes later (around 8:30a.m.) I wind up at this cafe in Inwood which is like any awesome cafe in Brooklyn but closer to where I live. 

I go to the bathroom and put lipstick on.
I get a coffee, sometimes with a little cow.


Sometimes not.


I find a table either by the window or in the corner by the kitchen.
I take a picture of my coffee and tweet it.
I open up my Macintosh device collection of iphone, ipod touch, and the laptop that will not die.
I find a good station on Pandora- Lou Reed or David Bowie (they fit this book best so far).


I ass around for half an hour.
Then I meditate a bit.
Then I write.
AndthisbookispracticallywritingitselfbutnotreallyandIhopeit'sgoodIhopeit'sgoodIhopeit'sgood.
Three hours later I pack up, and take the bus home.
I make dinner at 3pm or so.
Pick up the kids at 4:30/5:00.
Home.
Bath.
Dinner.
Teeth.
Story.
Bed.
TV
Wine.
Book. 

Bed.

Voila!  This is my life!

And I love it but whoa. I left a LOT out (laundry, reading series curating, bathing, yoga, sleep, laundry laundry laundry, lunch with agent, readings, blogging, facebook, mom dad, Wild Kratts, Halloween costume planning, soccer, NCTE planning, John Green meeting nerves, haircut, hair dye, pedicure, finding the one umbrella that isn't broken that is in the way back of the closet and then it didn't even rain this morning, Big Bird doll for the baby or he won't take a nap at day care, gluten free cooking for fun and profit.  I could go on but I don't want to BORE you...)



Why not follow me on twitter?  @ArlainaT



New look for blog soon.

xoxo



1 comment:

EMP said...

I really dig people who love their lives. And also skunks (go mustelids!(can you think of a better name for an animal than "stoat"?)). I think skunks smell like strong, slightly burnt coffee (no cow).