So I have arranged my life in such a way where I have precisely one month to finish the first edits on my YA novel. The month of May. THE MAY OF MAYHEM. This month of April has been dedicated to:
1. Getting the apartment in shape so the babysitter can find food and diapers with ease.
2.Purging my life of draining negativity- yes a tall order but life is short, goodness only please! (I know that is so Oprahnic but there you go).
3. Buying summer shoes before they are all sold out online and city-wide (See photos. The tattoo heart is a thing that goes on the Croc. Like, a shoe earring. Oh, you know what I'm talking about).
4. Getting ready emotionally and physically for The One-Story Debutante Ball!
5. Getting the baby to love Enfamil...
6. Reading edgy dark YA (Crash into Me, for instance) to prep me for my er, masterpiece.
7. Planning one giant trip to Ikea for kid furniture and a mirror or two.
May is also filled with friends' readings, A great big non-fiction Pen Parentis reading, One-Story Debutante Ball, Kentucky Derby, Mother's Day and medical bill paying... When I say mayhem I mean May Hem!
DAYS TO MAY OF MAYHEM: 12