Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Coffee, Inspiration, and the Roloff Dwarf Mom

We bought the cheapo $3.99 French Roast in a bag coffee from Trader Joe's last week instead of the $6.99 Fair Trade Bolivian Blend in the can and, dear reader, learn from my cautionary tale. It's like drinking toasted gasoline and because we only have skim milk in the house I can take no refuge from its bitterness in butterfat. (One of the only things that the dwarf Roloff mom on TLC's Little people, Big World and I have in common is our loathing of skim milk.) I'm trying to get in the mood here to like, write, for Christ's sake and the coffee just isn't doing it for me. All I can think of is half and half and dwarves and laundry. And all the people I know who have published books. And Prince. And the low battery in my mouse. And what to make for dinner. You see? This is what the coffee situation has reduced me to.

2 comments:

Annelies Howell said...

It's tough trying to be a mom and have a brain at the same time. I'm right there with you. I spent half the week studying the Carnot cycle so I could teach it to high school kids and the other half of the week trying to keep the house somewhat clean and orderly. The former task was ultimately satisfying and the latter was like climbing up a steep sand dune only to see 100 more. -Floss

Arlaina Tibensky said...

Whatever a Carnot cycle is... I'm sure it takes a lot out of a girl...