Thursday, July 21, 2011

WHAT A BIZARRE AND LOVELY COINCIDENCE!



So. On the cover of AND THEN THINGS FALL APART there is a typewriter. And not just any typewriter, a Smith Corona Corsair that is also blue and has a dual black and red ribbon.

Would you be surprised if I told you that I already had this EXACT same typewriter in my possession?

I got it home and lugged it to the typewriter hospital, AKA the Gramercy Office Equipment Company on 5th Avenue and 23rd street. I bought a ribbon and they oiled it for me and let me tell you I SWOONED when I found the place.

Here's some great shots of the joint. I shall be bringing this very same typewriter to the LAUNCH so that everyone can behold the magnificence of this machine and have some good clean fun with real type... And when I say everyone, I secretly mean: YOU!


No comments: